Preview Mode Links will not work in preview mode

WOMEN SIPPING ON LIFE (with doctor shannon)

Aug 31, 2017

The powerful answers are within you, when you’re willing to uncover and expose yourself. If you’ve ever felt like you’re going through the motions in life or “Doing HARD”, this will help you. For over a decade I didn’t know how to “NOT do hard.” But I’ve learned, and so can you. The first step is to look at how you’re showing up.

+ Acknowledge the labels you’re wearing and hiding behind.

+ Assess the reasons you’re giving yourself for not showing up.

+ Accept the TRUTH that changes how you show up. 


It’s time to SHOW UP. Naked and unafraid. 

How are you showing up in your life? Your day?

The first secret to sipping on your life is SHOWING UP. 

Years ago I found myself going through the motions in life, and looking like I had it all together (on the outside). I had the happy face, the perfect clothes, make-up, hair, and nails…or was attempting to. 

We’ve all done it. Wearing the masks. Hiding behind the roles or credentials. The titles. The achievements. 

I kept thinking that things would get better. And blamed myself, or others, when they didn’t. 

I felt as though I wasn’t enough. I needed to work harder and smarter. Yes, I was visible, but hiding.

Where and how are you showing up? 

Is it only in the lives of others? 

Are you showing up as a victim? 

We label ourselves as victims. Are you doing this? 

If you’ve ever been victimized, it’s time to let go of the label. Release the pain, sorry, loss, or abuse.

You can declare that you’re taking off the “VICTIM” label.

Are you full of reasons for NOT showing up? 

There will be reasons for whatever decision you make. It’s time to become unreasonable. 

Use your reasons for NOT doing something as your reasons to do so.

Where are you hiding? 

Is it in your roles, responsibilities, and commitments?

It’s time to come out of the shadows and step into the sun. 

Step into the SOL. (Your light.) Let go of all the baggage that’s weighing you down.

Begin to allow your desires to come to the surface, and ACT on them today.

Get your beliefs up.

If you’re not showing up authentically, then you’re hiding. 

Oftentimes I hid inside the story of “HARD.” I remember asking my best friend, “When is this going to stop being so hard?”

She told me it would stop being hard when I was ready for it to stop being hard. “How dare she tell me that I was the one creating this story! I’m the victim here,” or so I thought. 

I didn’t know how to NOT do hard. 

If that’s you…and you’ve been doing HARD. The first step is to look at how you’re showing up.

Please grab your SACRED S.O.L. D.A.T.E. Journal (Daily Action To Engage). 


Answer these questions…

  1. Where are you doing hard in your life?
  2. How are you showing up?
  3. How would you like to show up differently?
  4. Speak the truth and show up in it. 

Allow the pain that you’re carrying in you to be expressed and exposed. 

Your pain doesn’t have to be in vain. 

Please let me know how you’re doing. Come over to and join the community.

Thanks for being brave and courageous…and SHOWING UP each and every day.

My boxing coach used to tell me that 80% of success is simply showing up. Without showing up first, the other 20% doesn’t matter.

Thanks for one of the souls that SHOWS UP!

xo Dr. Shannon. Inspiring minds that want to grow and hearts that want to know, so you can love you, your life, and your life’s work well. ONE SIP AT A TIME. 

A special thanks to the following souls for helping me launch our WOMEN SIPPING ON LIFE podcast… 

Intro/Outro done by Uni V. SOL 

Outro music by Jay Man: Mind Over Matter ( 

Podcast cover design and web site done by: Pablo Aguilar ( 

Podcast cover photo by Kate Montague of KM Captured (

Women Sipping. On. Life. (with doctor Shannon) is YOUR daily podcast for something new. Different. Satisfying. Soul quenching. Unscripted. LOVE. Practical Solutions. Powerful coaching that equips and empowers you to show up. Speak up. Step up. Step into your life. Fully engaged. Loving your life + life’s work well. Starting from the very first sip. Uncover and discover your TRUTH, so you can drink it all in. Live it all now. Naked. Unafraid. Unashamed. Unapologetic. Unconditionally loved. Heart + Soul. Become the great lover of your life. ONE SIP AT A TIME.